Established in 1981, GUESS began as a jeans company and has since successfully grown into a global lifestyle brand. Guess?, Inc. designs, markets, distributes and licenses a lifestyle collection of contemporary apparel, denim, handbags, watches, eyewear, footwear and other related consumer products. For more information about the Company, please visit www.guess.com.
At Guess, we are committed to our people and to the world as a team working to be a sustainable global leader in the fashion industry. Through principled leadership, we embrace diversity and cultivate the strength, pride and passion for what we do. Everyone in guess is aware the fact that everyone contributes to progress and make company grow,
We are a big family united by great human values: belief, hope, destiny, trust and respect.
The role is designed for those people ready to take new challenges, being courageous trying new things and with the will to make an impact in the company and in their career.
If you are inspired to evaluate new amazing professional challenges, this is the opportunity right for you!
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
As Product Developer Denim, you will own and execute the complete garment development process.
From briefing until final approval, you watch over the business strategy, ensuring that the brand meets or exceeds financial goals.
CORE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Own and execute the development of denim in line with the seasonal brief from design to delivery
- Compare developments to the line plan and highlight any potential issues (fit / style / fabric / finish)
- Manage and own complete technical specifications
- Set up specs, drawings, measurements and patterns
- Drive supplier visits to support on-site development of new collections
- Partner with designers to ensure alignment throughout the development process
- Develop to cost – understand the impact of cost in every aspect of the product and work within the constraints of cost
- Drive fittings in-house and on-site and ensure attendance from key stakeholders. Establish the purpose of the meeting and prepare all products, measurements & prices
- Drive & ensure on time delivery of prototypes and salesmen samples
- Drive towards efficient ways of working and help solve design construction / fabric / fit / quality issues in collaboration with design
- Improve our quality standards at all time
- Prioritizing activities and deliverables according to business needs
- Own costing (target, brief, proto type, bulk samples) including lead times, minimums & up charges and identify opportunities to improve cost
- Work closely with suppliers to ensure the product is delivered in line with the brief and to achieve required product costs
- Drive Bulk samples reviews
- Take part in size set meetings and ensure perfect input to the pre-production manager
- Complete updates after country meeting when required
- Organize technical meetings with quality control & sourcing on a seasonal base
- Evaluate suppliers and their performance towards KPI’s, quality and on time delivery together with Development Manager
- Effective daily communication with internal departments on line related issues and towards positive solutions and decisions
- Create, drive & sustain highly effective and influential key relationships with internal & external partners that will deliver business objectives
- Work closely with Design team to ensure developments are in line with the brief and ensure right look and feel of the product
- Work closely with Sourcing, Contractors and Quality team to ensure the product execution delivers in line with the brief and to achieve required product costs and quality
- Work closely with sourcing, suppliers and own factories to ensure the product execution delivers in line with the brief and achieves required product cost
Be part of a progressive and sustainable global company which is performing extremely well and is having an exceptional growth in a competitive and tough market.
We offer Career development, Learning opportunities, Competitive compensations, Reserved discounts, Awesome coworkers!
Apply for this job now!