Established in 1981, GUESS began as a jeans company and has since successfully grown into a global lifestyle brand. Guess?, Inc. designs, markets, distributes and licenses a lifestyle collection of contemporary apparel, denim, handbags, watches, eyewear, footwear and other related consumer products. For more information about the Company, please visit www.guess.com.
At Guess, we are committed to our people and to the world as a team working to be a sustainable global leader in the fashion industry. Through principled leadership, we embrace diversity and cultivate the strength, pride and passion for what we do. Everyone in guess is aware the fact that everyone contributes to progress and make company grow,
We are a big family united by great human values: belief, hope, destiny, trust and respect.
The role is designed for those people ready to take new challenges, being courageous trying new things and with the will to make an impact in the company and in their career.
If you are inspired to evaluate new amazing professional challenges, this is the opportunity right for you!
PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
Reporting directly to the Sourcing Senior Manager, the ACC&FTW Sourcing Specialist will ensure the best buying conditions for the assigned product division, by negotiating with suppliers.
He/she will be also able to perform strategic procurement activities across multiple categories of spend, search for better deals and find more profitable suppliers.
He/she is also responsible for the implementation of commercial agreements and related work processes in accordance with the strategies within the geography and/or commercial area.
He/She is responsible for sourcing and buying the best quality equipment, goods and services at the most competitive prices to enable a company or organization to operate.
The Sourcing Specialist is responsible for managing the assigned vendors.
His/her main responsibilities are:
CORE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
o Management of pattern book costs and the production costs (knit, woven, Denim)
o Manage MOQ & Lead Time of production
o Data Entry on AS400 (for pattern book and production)
o Manage the suppliers on AS400
MANAGING VENDORS & SUPPLYERS
· Bachelor’s Degree in Textile Engineering, Supply Chain Management or related field
· At least 3 years’ experience in a similar role and field (FASHION SOURCING)
· Strong knowledge of supply chain management required
· Has detailed knowledge about different product categories manufacturing processes
· Understands several product categories, including construction, cost, standards and execution
· Strong negotiation skills and deep vendor management knowledge
· Solid judgement along with decision making skills
· Must have the highest ethical and moral standards, upholding the values of Guess?,
· Excellent analytical and communications skills
· Must possess strong leadership skills and be well organized, self-motivated, focused on meeting deadlines and able to multitask within a fast-paced environment
· Sense of ownership and pride in the performance and its impact on company’s success
· Capability to work under strict, short deadlines
· Demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally across various business units
· Ability to effortlessly engage with senior Guess management, business unit leaders and our vendor community
· General knowledge of Guess product offer across different lines and categories will be considered a plus
· Excellent oral and written communication skills with both internal and external customers
· Must be very fluent and articulate in English language. Any Other language will be considered a plus.
· Proficient with MS-Office programs, primarily Excel and prior ERP system experience
· Data Entry on AS400 (for pattern book and production)